Privacy/Security with MyTaxPro.org
The personal information that you give us when ordering products from us is kept confidential by MyTaxPro.org. We do not sell, trade, or lease our customer files, mailing or email lists.
Ordering by Credit Card, Is it safe? What is SSL?
We are using Secure Sockets Layer protocol on our servers. By using SSL Protocols, your information is encrypted so that no one else can read it while it is being entered and stored on our servers.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol is currently the most widely used method for performing secure transactions on the Web and is supported by most Web servers and clients including Netscape® Navigator and Microsoft® Internet Explorer. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol provides several features that make it particularly suitable for use in e-commerce transactions.
Privacy is guaranteed through encryption. Although information can still be intercepted by a third party they will be unable to read it as they have no access to the encryption key.
Integrity is also ensured through encryption. If information is received that will not decrypt properly then the recipient knows that the information has been tampered with during transmission.
Authentication is provided through digital certificates. Digital certificates provide the basis for secure electronic transactions as they enable all participants in a transaction to quickly and easily verify the identity of the other participants. Essentially, SSL is secret-key encryption nested within public-key encryption, authenticated through the use of certificates.
The reason that both secret-key and public-key encryption methods are used is because of the relatively slow speed of public-key encryption compared to secret-key encryption. Initially, the client and server exchange public keys, and then the client generates a private encryption key that is used only for this transaction. This is referred to as a session key. The client then encrypts the session key with the server's public key and sends it to the server. For the rest of the transaction, the client and the server can use the session key for private-key encryption.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you become a member; create an online account or profile; use the interactive areas and features of our Services; make a purchase; sign up for contests, promotions, mailing lists; and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
· Online Account Information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address.
· Transaction Information, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, email address, and transaction history.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services. We may also automatically collect information about you when you access or use the Services, including:
· Log Information: We obtain information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
· Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
· Location Information: We may collect information about your location when you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive personal information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
· administer your membership and communicate with you about member benefits;
· provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices and support and administrative messages;
· provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
· investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
· respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
· communicate with you about MyTaxPro.org and partner products, services, offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
· monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
· personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests; and
· process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes.
We may store and process information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you outside of MyTaxPro.org and its affiliates, including as follows:
· with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf;
· in connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
· with your consent.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about you.
MyTaxPro.org takes reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from MyTaxPro.org by following the instructions in those communications or changing your preferences. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, membership or our ongoing business relations.
Location Information. You also have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device, or by following the standard uninstall process and removing all MyTaxPro.org applications from your mobile device.
Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
If you have questions or comments please contact us:
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.